Thursday, April 8, 2010

Delayed Obedience is Disobedience

I do not know what to say really. I'm humbled, broken, and I have repented.

Several months ago God laid it on my heart to write a letter to my mom's first cousin.
Well, I wrote that letter...but I never sent it...and last night Bobby died.
At first when I read back over my letter it put me in so much pain I could barely breath. But after reading it a few times I felt comforted by the words that I was suppose to give to Bobby (because they were the words of the Lord). And maybe even though I was disobedient, God in His sufficiency, told those words to Bobby himself. I do not know. All, I know is that I was disobedient to God and now there is NO more do overs.
My point is this: If the Lord has called you to an assignment and you are JUST procrastinating...its still disobedience. Delayed obedience is disobedience!
Lord, please quicken us to be diligent and steadfast with any assignment we get from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment